Home, Ghar, Mane, Casa, Zuhause- call it whatever you may like. But a home is not a home if it does not have a soul to it.While many might argue about the different facets that contribute hugely to the “soulfulness” of a home, perhaps Home Furnishing and Decor is the Alpha of them all. Why? Without proper, decor and furnishing, a home is just an empty concrete/wooden space which might as well be converted to a sweat shop.
Furnishing domain has paved ways for innovations that can contribute to the overall modelling of a house. People can either buy furniture and decor items, or simply rent them. Traditional approaches involved people buying furniture to convert their house into a HOME. But contemporary approaches show a change in the demographic trends with respect to furniture approach. People have now started to believe in the all-new-and-disruptive method of RENTING furniture. Yes, you heard it right. Disruptive. Why you ask? Because furniture rental is now disrupting the age-old buying mentality with something which is quicker, convenient and more dynamic than ever.
Here are the top myths that need to be busted, like, RIGHT NOW!!
- Renting is BORING: It really is not. HOW DARE YOU THINK LIKE THAT, HUH? *kidding*. Remember the time when Ford Motors rolled over all across the world, and not just the entire United States back in the 70’s and 80’s? Now is the time of Electric Cars- highly efficient and disruptive in nature as proven by Tesla Motors. To be clear, furniture rental is actually the ‘New Kid on the Block’. Very fresh in approach, it oozes convenience and comfort, with services provided to your doorstep with minimalist effort on your part.
- Renting is for POOR: Again, it’s not. Renting is actually for the millennial generation of today, who do not conform to the set ways of society and are always on the move to figure new things out on a microsecond-level. That has got nothing to do with income and financial status, but more about the kind of lifestyle one aspires for.
- Buying is Better: For some people, this statement might hold true. It really is all about the taste. Such is the case of Furniture Renting. Some people might actually plan to stay with ‘buying-it-all’ scheme, but furniture rental actually is driving economies like Indian Economy in a major way. Yes, owning sometimes seems cool. But it starts to become less cool when you regret your choice and then can’t get rid of it. It is as my friend says,”God giving you the stick”. So, to cut it short, owning an item only makes sense when you are clear with the thought process and are fully in love with your choice. If not, it is always better to rent it. That way, you can change it whenever you like and even discontinue the service when necessary.
- Renting is UNHYGIENIC: Furniture rental is not. Maybe your rented tuxedo might seem itchy and sticky of sorts, but furniture rental is not that way. The furniture delivered is generally of high quality, and is engineered with industry standards in mind. Also, disinfectants and chemicals are used all through the designing-to-delivery process. So all in all, you get a germ free and purely hygienic product delivered at your feet. *You can ask the germophobe inside you to calm down*
- Rented Furniture has POOR QUALITY: If the end product would have been of poor quality, then setting it up in the first place would be baseless. So rental companies understand very clearly that customer retention is of prime importance. And to make sure the customers cling onto them, the furniture quality is great. Companies like Furlenco make sure the furniture is of PREMIUM quality and is as classy as the user desires. At the end of the day, it is all about satisfying your desires, isn’t it?
- Renting is EXPENSIVE: Furniture that is bought will always get old, and one day, lose its value. Such a thing is even more expensive for the owner, as the item can neither be sold off at premium value nor can be kept. Hence, renting always makes sense, especially when it comes to the furniture segment.
- Only for SINGLES: Recent trends, especially in the metropolitan India, show that not only singles, but people residing with families and friends are more interested to rent their choices. Furniture is a luxury that satisfies everyone, not just single men and women. That means mothers, fathers, grandparents, roommates, flatmates, studio people, bachelor-pad-enthusiasts.. all rent on a daily basis.
- An INESCAPABLE Scheme: Some people believe renting is just a fad. They thing by renting, they might spin a web for themselves that they will not be able to get out of. Fret not, for renting business is not a labyrinth, but more of a friendly network. it gives you the freedom to choose, and then leave as and when deemed necessary. Unlike buying where you are actually stuck with something that seems undesirable over a period of time, renting paves a way for you to escape such a scenario.
So, here you go guys. Hope your myth bubble is busted now.
As always, Happy Renting! 🙂